All of the products, offered by UVIX Impregnation are sertificated and approved by prestigious institutions:
- Building Research Establishment (BRE) - England
- Bundesanstalt für Materialforschung und Prüfung (BAM) - Germany
- Nordiska Träskyddsradet (NTR) - Scandinavia
- Nordic Wood Preservation Council (NWPC) - Scandinavia
- College voor de Toelating van Bestrijdingsmiddelen (CTB) - Holland
- Centre Technique du Bois et de l’Ameublment (CTBA) - France
- Società Italiana per l’Esercizio delle Telecomunicazioni p.a. (SIP) - Italy
- Australian Quarantine and Inspection Service (AQIS) - Australia
- Japanese Wood Preserving Association (JWPA) - Japan
British and European Standards for timber preservation which also provide detailed information for the designer/specifier:
- WPA Manual - The Wood Preserving Association (WPA) publishes a manual which contains information on products suitable for the industrial pre-treatment of timber. This manual largely mirrors BS 8417 but also includes commodity codes covering specific timber products.
- BS 8417 - Provides recommendations and guidance for the preservative treatment of timber to provide protection against biodeterioration in certain specified end use situations in the United Kingdom.
- BS 1282 - Guide to choice, use and application of wood preservatives.
- BS EN 599 (2 Parts) - Defines the formal efficacy assessment procedures by which preservative performance can be evaluated.
- BS EN 351 (2 Parts) - Provides a ‘vocabulary’ for specifiers to use when specifying preservative protection requirements.
- BS EN 350 (Part 2) - Gives information about the ‘natural durability’ of named wood species.
- BS EN 460 - Gives guidance on the degree of durability required for satisfactory performance in each of the Use Classes.
- BS EN 335 (3 Parts) - Describes and classifies the many situations in which wood may be used into Use Classes.
- Highways Agency - Specification for highways works clause 311.
- National Building Specification Z12 - Preservative/fire retardant treatments.
- National House Building Council (NHBC) Standards, Chapter 2.3 - Timber Preservation (Natural solid timber).
- Zurich - Refer to British Standards for timber preservatives, chiefly BS 8417.
- Ministry of Defence Standard 81-41 Para 5 - Packaging of Defence Material. Production Processes.
British and European Standards for timber fire protection:
- WPA Manual - The Wood Preserving Association (WPA) publishes a manual which contains information on product types suitable for the industrial fire retardant treatment of solid timber and panel products.
- BS 476 Fire Test on Building Materials and Structures - Various Key Parts including Part 6, Fire Propagation Test and Part 7, Surface Spread of Flame.
- BS EN 13501-1 - Various Euroclasses equivalent to BS 476.